Our ERP system is able to interface with MS-Word (2003) and create a Quotation document by filling Text into markers positions. Nowadays almost all communication is going through Email. We therefore want to send the quotations with minimal effort via Email. But we must not send out the WORD document but convert it into a PDF document (we do have Adobe Acrobat 6.0), following certain rules and start a an Email in Outlook 2003 with a certain body test, the said PDF file as an attachment and the Email Address in the To: field.
All names are part of the word document.
The sample quote contains the following Text marks. (we use a German version of Word).
1. Create a filename, comprising of the word “ Quotation“+“QuotationNumber[4 digits ]“+„DeliveryName [6 characters]“.
2. Print the document into a temp location using the installed PDF printer. Use the filename of 1.
3. Start a mail message in Outlook.
4. Fill in the field “To:” with “ContactMail”
5. Load the stored PDF file as an attachment.
6. Fill in other fields of the mail message such as topic “eg. NTI quotation No: “Quotation Number”. As body text the mark “Header” shall be used.
7. Do not send the mail off, but stop the script allowing the user to edit and send manually after.