We are an electric bike start up company, located in USA, looking for an experienced mechanical engineer for design consulting for our electric mountain bike design. We would like to consultant to work alongside our team to finalize the design prior to sending it off for production.
The bicycle is comprised of a frame section, a rear swing arm section, as well as a central box section.
Currently, the bike is fully designed as a Solidworks 2017 Assembly. We have all model files, as well as some basic 2D drawing files.
Freelancer will be required to:
- FEA & stress test design to ensure it is strong enough for different rider case + tweak design to hit strength & rigidity targets
- Determine ideal swing arm design, based on our generated models (ridigity / manufacturability)
- Verify swing arm shock travel, and shock requirements for different rider cases
- Assist in designing swing arm interface to frame-mounted bearing pivot
- Assist in waterproofing center box section
- Determine suitable material type and thickness for all components, based on achieving lightest weight possible within safety factor
- Ensure & provide advice to improve manufacturability of total design
- Deliver final models and annotated drawings for hand-off to manufacturer.
For the purpose of illustration without requiring NDA, the attached image is similar to our bike design.
We look forward to working with you!
47 freelancers are bidding on average $1234 for this job
Hi I am mechanical design engineer and certified from Solidworks for FEA , mechanical design , plastic molds and sheet metal , please contact me to send you my work samples
Professional engineer with 42 years of mechanical design experience .....................................................................................
Hi, We are an engineering design and analysis company based having vast experience in automotive FEA. Have a look at [login to view URL] for our portfolio. We can discuss more details over chat. Thanks, Navin