We are a highly energised technology start-up located in central Cheltenham and we're looking for someone unique to join us and do something very different. We're sorry but a grey suit in a greyer office is not what gets us up in the morning.
We're coming from a previous business that re-wrote how an entire industry thought about technology. We got in, we disrupted an established market and we got out with a cheque and enough energy to do it all again.
If you want to be part of our next journey then this is about as early as it gets.
What we’re doing
The product we're building empowers our clients to stay laser focussed on two things; customers & cash. We are building a next generation finance platform for a new generation of business owners and consumers where yesterday may as well be last year and tomorrow is already today's news. The world is moving fast, and we intend to move faster.
We believe that we can connect the dots between sales, service and finance; and create a truly joined up technology base that improves collaboration, enhances teamwork and ultimately helps businesses deliver a better experience to their clients.
What you’ll be doing
As part of the founding team you’ll play a significant and influential role in system design, technology selection and the creation of our tools, our infrastructure and our methodologies. When we’re up and running fully you’ll lead on build and implementation with the shoulder support of a business analyst, a UI designer and a product owner. The team will stay small; and we’ll take our time to build once and build well. You need to be fit, robust and experienced. In particular;
- 2+ years of experience in leading a Web development team
- Strong front end experience using templates, object-oriented JS & standard libraries like jQuery as well as shared company libraries and third-party plugins
- Experience of reusable JS frameworks like NodeJS, backbone, requireJS, Angular, Bootstrap, Ember etc
- Experience with one or more CSS pre-compilers such as LESS or SASS
- Experience on third-party JS and PHP APIs – Google Maps, Facebook, Twitter, ad systems, for example – and intelligently conceive, design and interact with internal APIs
- Strong understanding of open source platforms & a good understanding of Unix and full LAMP stack
- Strong debugging skills and the ability to easily and quickly read and modify existing code
- Having good exposure using distributed source control tools like GIT
- Make architectural decisions that maximise performance (speed) and code maintainability
- Develop and enforce internal best practices and standards
- Strong communication skills, motivation skills, project scheduling, tracking and coordination skills
- A strong understanding of team interaction and has a participative management style
- Proven ability in guiding a team with solution approach, troubleshooting & coding standards
- Communicate clearly with other developers to identify tasks, provide estimates and ensure production deadlines are met
- Adaptable and ability to deal with conflicting priorities
In summary, you'll be a full stack technologist that has a proven track record in application design and product development. You'll have a depth of experience so great that you are confident and credible to lead on security & scalability too. You'll be as competent trail-blazing new features as you will looping back around and chasing performance, usability gains and user experience improvements.
You'll need to be staggeringly good in a wide range of web technologies; those in the presentation and application layer of particular interest. Whilst the keyboard will do the talking for you technically, you'll be as passionate about people as you are platforms. We want character, confidence & capability… and a glint in the eye that says 'Yes, it can be done'.
Life at monii
[url removed, login to view] is a boutique software development company in Cheltenham that was designed from the ground up to be a place where folks come to do the best work of their lives. We are smart but we also have a heart; naturally we embrace the latest and greatest technology and use it to build best of breed software but we care deeply about each other, our customers and the community in which we live. We treat everyone like royalty, and we socialise together just as hard as we do working as a team.
Software developers at [url removed, login to view] are paid competitive salaries, get a generous seven weeks of annual leave, a golden hour every Friday, unlimited computer gear, individual budget allocation to spend on conferences, events & career development and two company Campfires a year.
We are one of only a few UK technology businesses that issue company share options in the form of a unique long term incentive plan to reward high calibre and loyal members of the team. Everyone is part of our annual bonus scheme which pegs our profitability directly to your back pocket.
[url removed, login to view] Ltd does not discriminate in employment matters on the basis of race, colour, religion, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, military service eligibility, sexual orientation, marital status, or disability. We support workplace diversity.
Ready to chat?
If you’re getting fidgety then that’s your body telling you that what we have over here is better than what’s on offer over there. Tell us who you are, make us laugh if you can and if we feel the chemistry we'll get together. Apply via email to [url removed, login to view]@monii.com. All candidates are treated in the strictest confidence.
Whilst we are recruiting for this position right now, applications are welcome throughout the year; we don’t turn down exceptional talent.