Primary Objectives – Ecommerce Database for [url removed, login to view]
- Develop and implement a database which will allow the ability to add/remove any of the products on the website to a shopping cart and specify quantities for each.
- The availability of a selection of predefined currency options when purchasing a product; these are GPB, CAD, USD, AUD, NZD and Euro. We will use fixed prices for the different currencies, updatable via the new admin section.
- The area for whiteboard presentations ([url removed, login to view] is to be redesigned and renamed to incorporate the new ecommerce abilities ([url removed, login to view]). The flash presentation at the root will need updating to accommodate the change.
- For any online orders completed to be sent via email to orders at [url removed, login to view] and also logged in the database. Failed or incomplete orders should be notified also. (This is currently achieved using php and sendmail().)
- We will also want to be able to list new products, so will require an admin section which provides the ability to add/remove products quickly.
- The admin section should be separate from the main site, and provide the ability to add future products including images and pricing via a secure (passworded) web interface to the database.
- The ability for customers to download an .iso image of the relevant product/s they have purchased after successful completion of an online transaction. This will need to be a secure system so that the link to the .iso image cannot be shared between customers.
Secondary Objectives – Mailing system
- Setup an email database to use for mail campaigns.
- To be able to send html email campaigns from the server (to be discussed further)
- Currently Victory Education sends out newsletters using a manually edited list of recipients for various areas of the world. We would like the ability for recipients to unsubscribe** by clicking a link at the bottom of the email.
- The ability for people viewing the website to add themselves to a mailing list via a new mailing list subscription php form found on all 3 home pages. Criteria for this would be to provide a full name, target list (primary or secondary) email address and country of origin.
- This system should allow for admin updates (deferred and NDR' emails), possibly build compatibility with existing mailing application.
- The system will be hosted on a virtual Linux server with support for PHP and MySQL database. This will need setting up from scratch. The Virtual server service is currently not in place I would seek advice on which service is best to support above job requirements. I am currently looking at the provider below: [url removed, login to view]
- We will need to discuss the use of any SSL certificate for merchant transactions or perhaps if easier using something like “protx”
- We are in possession of the hash keys for merchant provider HSBC. HSBC provide a key for each of the currencies they convert or provide payment options for. Along with the server address and keys payments can be handled by HSBC securely before being brought back to [url removed, login to view]
- Our newsletters are currently sent out using a 3rd party mass mailing application. The application is called SmartSerialMail by JAM software. [url removed, login to view] The recipient lists are currently imported manually in .csv. There is no requirement to build support or compatibility with this system, although it would be nice.
- No method of stock control is required right now.
- For order confirmation by email (to the customer) the following information should be provided: product/s ordered, quantity and delivery address, link to the download of the ISO, code to use for ISO image
- Information to be collected from the customer during the order process
Title, name, surname, company¬, position¬, postal address, email address, phone. ¬=optional depending on business or personal selected. This info should be accessible to admin
- No refund system required
- To allow customers to download ISO images of CD's they have purchased, perhaps a unique code could be emailed to them to allow them to obtain the image should they lose the physical goods. Maybe even a logon/members area?
Items needing further advice/clarification
• How would future mailshots get sent?
• What about SPAM filters etc?
• hosted server includes fixed IP addresses will this benefit mail reputation?