We are ready to move our Joomla website to WordPress. It is a big website with approx.. 20,000 articles and a number of oddities that need to be properly transferred by someone that is an expert at both platforms.
• Develop our template on WP – fully responsible for mobile
• Mimic / enhance front page news design/layout as needed.
• Sidebar varies between index page and “inside pages” – with different content.
• All urls should transfer. New posts should follow a common-sense url algorithm. To be discussed. This is very important.
• Install and configure WP SEO component (we purchased it)
• We have a somewhat unique banner system, which will be converted to run by Google Ad Manager at some point, but for now it randomizes display banners per position.
• Various banner locations that pull different inventory between index page and “inside pages.”
• Our website is highlighted by a constant flow of updated news articles
• All categories, articles, etc must transfer from Joomla with formatting, images, etc.
• Some new articles have author names, some do not. This needs to be managed for both old articles and going forward.
• We post-publish some news. Meaning some news is loaded today and set to publish next week. This needs to work in WP.
• Potential news template for admin to use
• Many image galleries from Joomla simple image gallery need to be moved.
• Potential to eventually add a log-in system for users to read news.
• Please note we are adding news every day, so transferring articles may need to happen in batches or be well timed. There will need to be a specific strategy for this.
File structures, etc
• Our images follow a specific file structure – year/month folder structure, hopefully this can be managed by WP or a new system can be introduced.
• Easy image location/search for past images in blog post system.
• All images should be transferred. WP typically re-sizes into multiple sizes. Can we stop that? We have 1,000s of items.
• The site also has a number of static pages for key products, about, contact, us.
• These need to be transferred and images maintained.
• Transfer SEO tags on static pages?
Performance and Security
• Hidden admin page
• Joomla site is currently full SSL – that needs to carry over .
• Cloudflare setup (we are on there already).
• Caching/optimization as necessary to handle significantly traffic bursts.
• Advise/install regular site backup system we can use.
• Site should fall into regular WP updates – i.e. no significant hard coding.
• Custom 404 page
• "Green" On Google PageSpeed
Testing and Performance Test Period
• Development on our server in subdirector.
• Pagespeed on Google should “rank” green for both mobile and desktop versions with moderate traffic load.
• At the conclusion of the project the provider will help us make the WP site live while saving our Joomla site on a subdirectory.
• We expect a fully functioning, working turnkey website that runs smoothly.
Warranty and On-going Support
• As part of this arrangement we would like a six-month support period that includes updates, (minor) adjustments and any question and answering and any patches. (i.e. warranty)
• This can coincide with the final escrow payment.
More information, URLs and details are available to qualified bidders, who should be able to reply to our list, ask questions, and submit a timeline with escrow and payment proposals.
43 freelancers are bidding on average $1234 for this job
Hello! I am an expert WordPress coder with skills including Website Design, WordPress, MySQL, Joomla and PHP. Please contact me to discuss more regarding this project. Thank you