I am looking for people with local knowledge of their city to write a detailed e-book that should help someone plan a visit to your city.,
At the moment I already have London, Paris, NYC, Hong Kong, Tokyo, Dubai covered. I am open to other major world cities but I am particularly interested in San Francisco, Barcelona, Singapore and Rome/Vatican, Chicago, Boston, Seattle, maybe Los Angeles, Thailand trip?, at the moment. I am definitely open to suggestions though.
The book would be around 30,000 words and I have an outline that I use, that covers the following things:
- a quick history, couple of pages, overview of the city
- getting to the city, major airports/ports/train station and then transfers to the city centre
- public transport in that city, covering transport passes, buses, metro, etc., as well as taxi prices etc
- areas of the city, neighbourhood by neighbourhood - in each cover the main things to see/do, some more hidden things, places to stay and places to eat for all budgets
- shopping chapter
- music/theatre/arts chapter
- nighlife chapter
- sport chapter
- unique dining experience chapter (not 100% necessary)
- money saving tips for the city - free things to do?
- events throughout the year, month by month
- anything else that you think is a must to cover
This will need to be well researched, accurate and up to date. I do not want any copying and pasting at all - local insight is a really must for this, though of course you can supplement this with research.
Please tell me about your experience with the city you want to cover. Generic replies won't even be looked at.
Lisbon, Porto, Berlin, Bangkok, Amsterdam/Rotterdam (maybe combined), Istanbul, Prague, Philadelphia, Washington DC, Kuala Lumpur are also on my list.