Hi Anuj G., I would like to hire you for the following project (see document: Euro Makers SAS Proposal 18-19,010 - [login to view URL])
Design of Fabric Cutting Machine Head, Vacuum bed & other associated items
As per the prestudy done, drag knife based Fabric cutting head was recommended. This system drags
a sharp knife on the cutting path tangent to the cutting direction requiring active and continuous knife
orientation change. The fabric is held in position with help of a vacuum bed. A marker system to trace
the design on fabric prior to cutting is also desired. In line with that following activities will be
required to be done.
1. Design of a cutting head which retracts (retraction to be done by Z axis control) and orients
the knife. The orientation will be done with help of either additional axis control as given on
the GRBL controller or with help of the servo control as given on the controller board
developed. Exact method will be determined at the time of detailed design.
2. Marker system with secondary Z axis (linear or rotary) which will again be controller either by
additional axis on the GRBL controller provided or by servo control. Exact method will be
determined at the time of detailed design.
3. Fabric spool feeding and collection system where in the fabric is pulled so as to have uncut
fabric on the bed once the cutting of earlier lot is complete. It is envisaged that the loading
and unloading of the spool will be manually done. Also the feeding of the uncut fabric after
the cutting of the previous lot is complete is to be done either by a manual handle or by
motor which have a manual toggle switch whichever is preferred. As such it is assumed that
this motor will not be controlled by the controller. However if automatic feeding is desired
then that can be done as well at an additional cost as only firmware updation will be required
as controller is well capable of handling additional motor.
4. Vacuum bed design for 1.5m x 1.5m bed system with toggle switch control. As such if
automatic fabric feeding is opted in point 3 then this bed can also be controlled by the
controller with firmware update.
5. The firmware updation is to be done so that the additional motors as mentioned in point 1 &
2 above can be automatically controlled by the GRBL based generic controller. Further LCD
interface of the GRBL has to be updated to remove features pertaining to milling and add
options suitable for the Fabric cutting machine. Is automatic control is opted in point 3 and 4
then some additional changes will be required.
Deliverables: Following will be typical deliverables as per the associated activities wherever
a. 3D model of the machine
b. Electronic Circuit Schematic
c. Firmware for the machine controller
d. Manufacturing Drawings
e. BOM of the machine
f. Purchase links for off the shelf items
It should take 10 weeks to complete all the required activities. However effort will be made to
complete them at an earlier date. If automatic version of feeding and vacuum bed is desired then we
will take additional 2 weeks.
Fabric Cutting machine head + Marker tracer + Automatic Vacuum bed design + Automatic fabric
feeding system + relevant Firmware update will cost Euro 15000
1) 20% to be paid as advance for project setup fee
2) 25% on completion of Head design + Marker tracer
3) 15% on completion of Vacuum Bed/System design
4) 10% Fabric Spool an feeding system
5) 25% on completion of the firmware update
6) 5% on delivery of final drawings/BOM, other manufacturing data