I'm looking for someone that's experienced in memory leak detection that can find and point out memory leaks that my application have. The application has been developed by multiple developers overtime and this might have introduced few memory leak codes. The application is a Media Player for digital signage screens. The application is written purely in C#.NET with .NET Framework 4.5 for 32 bit using Visual Studio 2012 and 2015. Also there might be some DLL files in the project that are not needed anymore. I need this cleaned up too. Only the necessary DLL files should be added to the project.
If you're experienced in C# and memory management and memory leak detection, I would like to hear from you. You need to show me that you have successfully worked on memory leak detection projects in the past.
What you need to do is the following:
- You will get a zip file with the entire project.
- Instructions on how to run the Application and installation of third party software.
- Run, test and profile the applications.
- You need to point out where memory leaks are happening in the code.
- You need to point out why the current code is leaking memory.
- For each memory leak, you need to explain and suggest the correct way to fix the memory leak.
- Show that if you apply your fix the memory leak is eliminated.
- Remove all the unnecessary DLLs from the project.
- Run the applications for days to make sure it does not increase memory consumption.
- Provide a summary in Word Document of your findings with a table showing each of the memory leak location and how to fix it.
- Communicate with me your questions, feedback and findings.
4 freelancers are bidding on average $1375 for this job
Hi, I am experienced software developer/tester/reverse engineer, can find and fix memory leaks with my own written debugger, will provide details why program is leaking and also comments on my fix. Regards, Narek.