Quick prototype multiplayer mobile backend server ios+redis+fb
This project received 9 bids from talented freelancers with an average bid price of $345 USD.Get free quotes for a project like this
Project Budget$30 - $250 USD
Looking for a quick prototype of mobile mmo game server + iOS app. You don't need to do any gameplay, graphics, or UI. Just Facebook API and backend server to maintain online statuses of friends.
1. Swift-based iOS prototype app (I call it ThisApp), which includes these features
(1) Facebook Login Authentication + Registration.
(2) Display the list of current user's Facebook friends who is also using ThisApp (Facebook Graph API) and have immediate online statuses of these friends to show whether they are using ThisApp. In the backstage, ThisApp is sending current user's online status + friend list (described above) to the backend server to maintain friend list and online status.
Time 0: Assume that User A, B, and C are Facebook friends.
Time 1: User A register and log in ThisApp. And now ThisApp will send User A's friend list  (it's empty list, because User B has not registered on ThisApp yet) to the backend server and also mark User A is online in backend server. On User A's ThisApp phone screen, he see nothing.
Time 2: User B register and log in ThisApp. And now ThisApp will send User B's friend list [User A] to the backend server and mark User B is online in backend server. Now User B will see User A is online in User B's ThisApp phone screen. And Now User A will see User B is online in User A's ThisApp phone screen immediately.
Time 3. User C register and log in ThisApp. And now User C's screen will show User A, and User B is online already.
Time 4. User A log out (Home button or exit the App). User B and C's screen will show User A is offline.
Testing: You need to have three Facebook accounts to test it to make sure it's functional and showing your friend in the App.
2. A Python-based backend-server, which received the list of Facebook friend list from App. The Facebook friend list is stored in the Redis database. The backend server should have concurrent async processing ability. This server can handle the message from the App by Restful or ProtoBuf protocol and maintain an online status list in Redis database.
It's a prototype. We don't care about how beautiful it's the graphics interface.
We need to a bug-free protobuf in a short time!! Perfectly if you could have done it in 1 day. If you've done this kind of project before, I am sure you can finish it in 1-2 hour.
If our collaboration works well, we will offer you the job for our whole game project with higher budget.
Looking to make some money?
- Set your budget and the timeframe
- Outline your proposal
- Get paid for your work
Hire Freelancers who also bid on this project
Looking for work?
Work on projects like this and make money from home!Sign Up Now
- The New York Times
- Wall Street Journal
- Times Online