Am currently looking for an established professional to write a backgammon game for general use on the internet. Facility for 3000+ players participating at the same time.
Aware that there are free downloads available. All of these are flawed programmes and are worthless. The programme will require a brand new game engine and reputable RNG. Also complete database.
The intention is to produce an honest game where player enthusiasts can match their skills on a level basis.
A study of [url removed, login to view] or [url removed, login to view] will give an idea of requirements. Obviously a different layout and alternative graphics will be required.
This is a genuine project with an anticipated budget of $3-5,000.
1. A new game engine that understands the rules and possible moves. One that shows no bias or favour to any player. For a long time I have monitored most online backgammon game sites and they do not meet this simple basic requirement, I can spot this problem within 10 minutes. This would also apply to any competent mathematician looking at it as a probability exercise.
2. A reputable random number generator supplied by say for example a university. One that could not be questioned, and its source easily verified. The honesty of the game is of paramount importance. There are many sites where it is clear that a RNG is definitely not a part of the programme.
3. PLAY FOR FUN MONEY. This would be where at least 75% of the players would compete. Would require a large number of game lobbies. Each new player would start with a rating of 1500 and a deposit of £5000 sterling fun money(replaceable at any time). Players would choose the amount of fun money wagered. Each game would have a rating of 1 point, obviously plus or minus. No players rating would be shown below 1400+. Database keeping records of rating and fun money movements.
4. PLAY FOR REAL MONEY. Where players have opened an account through paypal. Here they will place real money wagers. Will require 3-4 game lobbies for different stake values. A game example: B agrees to compete with A for £10. Outcome, losers account is debited by £10. Winners account is credited by £10 less sites house commission. The commission would vary depending on amounts wagered.. Ratings would be identical system.
5 EXECUTIVE MEMBERS. This would be a facility for the future. Requires 3 lobbies. Intended for professional players competing under their real name. Lower commission.
6. New player register page. Usual personal details.
7. Real money players. Personal details. Open paypal account. Understand paypal operates international currency conversions.
8. Sign in/register new player box.
9. Email facility with graphics matching site.
10. Layout and graphics to the same standard of play65.
Windows XP , in all 6.0+ versions of Internet Explorer