- AS USED BY
Showcased Work from our Freelancers
Get More Done with Freelancers
You don't need to do it all yourself
Spend more time on what you do best & start getting more done.
Hire at a fraction of the cost
Find yourself an army of designers, developers, marketers, and writers.
Don't regret a bad hire
Read reviews from real people and know you're getting the best.
As Featured in
The World's Largest Marketplace
Millions of users, from small businesses to large enterprises, entrepreneurs to startups, use Freelancer to turn their ideas into reality.
TOTAL JOBS POSTED
Excellent work, super fast, super quality and understood the brief perfectly!
If you're looking for a talented web developer you'll find people like Charchit to help you accomplish your needs.
Hiring a SAN Engineer on Freelancer
A Storage Area Network, or SAN, represents a group of computers and various storage devices, which have the task to store and protect your data. A Storage Area Network uses two types of protocols to change the location of the data over a network and store them on disk drives or in blocks. This network of storage devices is usually not accessible to other devices through the Local Area Network (LAN). Additionally, Storage Area Networks are usually used to upgrade storage devices like optical jukeboxes, disk arrays or tape libraries. The devices of Storage Area network are usually connected closely in a room, but to make things better, they can also be connected over long distances. This is particularly important and useful if you want to have this kind of network in a large company.
What Are The Benefits of SAN?
There are so many benefits of using this way of storing your data, so take a look at the list below:
- Flexibility, since there is no need to move the storage devices and plug or unplug their cables
- Booting the servers from the SAN itself, which can make easier to replace the one that don’t work well
- An efficient recovery process, because a Storage Area Network can reach distant location with a secondary storage
What Are The Networks a SAN Can Use?
- ATA over Ethernet (AoE), mapping of ATA over Ethernet
- HyperSCSI, mapping of SCSI over Ethernet
- ESCON over Fibre Channel (FICON)
- iFCP or SANoIP mapping of FCP over IP
- iSCSI, mapping of SCSI over TCP/IP
- iSCSI Extensions for RDMA (iSER)
- Fibre Channel Protocol (FCP), the most prominent one, is a mapping of SCSI over Fibre Channel
- Fibre Channel over Ethernet (FCoE)
If you hire a Storage Area Network expert, here are some of the tasks that can be done:
- Deploying the servers
- Picking right ISP to host the servers
- Helping with Yearly Maintenance
- Helping with Datacenter Cost
Freelancer.com has been up and running since 2009 and serves as one of the biggest hiring platforms to many. Numerous small as well as big projects have been accomplished due to the professional assistance and service that freelancers provide to those who hire them.
Finally, there is the question of hiring a Storage Area Network Expert on Freelancer. Apart from choosing the best one among a great number of them, you are also able to look for this person in the whole world; you are not limited to your local area. Furthermore, you are not required to pay immediately, but you can make your payment after you make sure that the job has been done appropriately. Additionally, you can organize a contest for your project and decide on the best one from a couple of them.
Post a project today to find the perfect SAN expert for your project!
How it Works
1. Post job
Tell us what you need done in seconds.
2. Choose freelancers
Get your first bid in seconds and choose from the best.
3. Track progress
Chat with your freelancer and review their work 24/7.
4. Pay safely
Only pay when you're completely satisfied.
Find SAN Engineers Now
It's quick, easy, and we only need a few details to get startedGet Free Quotes