- Status: Closed
- Prize: $200
- Entries Received: 22
- Winner: zephyr3art
Hi Freelancers! We're a young, fun and hip e-commencer startup (catering to the 25-45 age group, who like to cruise and travel) and we're looking for an illustrator who embodies the same values. If you're a creative individual with an artistic flair, and perhaps a love for the tropics, then we'd love to work with you for a potential on-going projects!
Before you continue reading, we would like to let you know that to be eligible to win this contest you must first be able to meet the following requirements:
1. You must be available for hire immediately after the contest ends
2. You must be able to complete the artwork listed in the attached document called ([login to view URL]) for the budget that is listed below
3. You must also be able to complete the artwork listed in the attached document called ([login to view URL]) by the due dates also listed below
If you do not meet all of these requirements, please do not sign-up for the contest. We are on a tight deadline and would like to work with this artist after this contest for a larger project.
We have had a mix of experiences with other illustrators in the past so this contest is a trial to find and we would like to work with on our larger project as well as potential future projects. If all works out and you win this contest and are able to meet the requirements listed above, we will hire you for our larger project
We are going for a fun and stylish , Miami feel for all of our website art. To give you an idea of the look and feel we like, we have attached a pdf for styles we like ([login to view URL]) and a file for ones we DON’T like ([login to view URL]).
THE FIRST PROJECT- THE CONTEST ($200 USD)
- 1 full colored, layered, vector piece of artwork for one of our background scenes called Challenges and Giveaways - the art should consist of an island with mountains, palm trees, an erupting volcano and a smaller island with a palm tree and 1 castaway who is smiling, waving and holding a sign. He needs to be happy. He just got on the island so he does not have to bee skin and bones. He needs to look like he is having fun. If you choose you can have him in the hammock like in the sample PDF. This piece of artwork should be in the look and feel of the attached artwork [login to view URL] for reference. For the mountain the last 2 pages of this PDF are for reference to what the mountain scene should look like. Page 7 is for how the scene should look and page 8 is to show you that we want the scene to have depth.
- must submit sketches throughout the concepting phase before illustration is colored. We would rather let you know right from the start if you are on the right path.
- must keep communication lines open, and return messages in timely manner
- must be original artwork - not traces of other illustrations work, no children’s cartoons, or clip-art
THE SUCCEEDING ILLUSTRATIONS IF HIRED ($3,000 USD)
(There will be milestones that need to be meet)
We are on a tight deadline and we will need 75% all of the artwork listed below created by September 5th 2017 and the remaining 25% by September 20th 2017.
The artwork listed in the attached file called ([login to view URL]) will need to be in the same style and quality as the winning piece of artwork in this contest. Sketches for reference will also be sent to the hired freelancer.
If you have any questions for us before you sign-up for the contest, please let us know. The artwork that we will need created for our larger project is in the attached file called ([login to view URL])
Good luck artist and based off of some of your portfolios we think that some of you are going to really impress us!
“Amazing work and we will be working with the freelancer on our larger project. ”
BeforetheCruise, United States.